BEVERLY RESIDENCE MAP
"29. Phillip Moody House. This lot of land may have belonged to Lt. John Dodge in 1686; and with the dwelling house thereon, it was conveyed for 64 pounds, by Thomas Edwards of Ipswich, yeoman, to Phillip Moody of Beverly Nov. 10, 1698.3 Mr. Moody lived here. His name is also called in the deeds of his time and neighborhood Gody, Lagody, Codie, Lecodie, and Nagode. Phillip Gody of Beverly, weaver, conveyed the dwelling house and land to Daniel Buckman of Wenham, cordwainer, March 15, 1722-23;1 and the latter removed to this house and lived here. . . How much longer the house stood is unknown to the writer."
Exerpted from "Beverly in 1700 No. 5" by Sidney Perley, published in the Essex Institute Historical Collections Vol. 56 No. 2 April, 1920. The accompanying map shows the parcel in the upper left.
COPYRIGHT 2007 BY
The International Cody Family Association

WEBSITE BY ALLANCODY@RCN.COM JANUARY, 2007
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.